how to measure
No matter, if you will be ordering a dress made according to our size chart or custom measure made dress, please see how to measure properly according to our pictures, so there are no disappointments or mistakes.
- measure looking at yourself in the mirror! it's important to see, that measuring tape is straight from the front and backside!
- measure WITHOUT a bra
- around breast
- tape has to go over nipples
- see yourself in the mirror and measure the biggest - widest part
- your height barefoot (without shoes on)
- stand straight, head looking straight
WAIST TO GROUND
- measure from the waist (as you did waist around or above belly button line) and measure til the ground
- many people think that waist is, where is most fat, but that's wrong! Measure the slimmest part of your waist
- little above or over the belly button
SHOULDER TO SHOULDER
- With this one you will needs someones help.
- Please measure as mannequin has "cut" hands, which means above armholes, NOT where the bra straps are!
UNDERARM TO GROUND
- measure from the side, under armhole, where begins the bra to the ground, without shoes on
- Until now, all measures have been taken WITHOUT SHOES.
- Now we need to measure shoes, wedges or heels only, to make sure, that dress will not be short
- even you wear straight shoes, without a heel, it may still have about 1-2cm, so please measure them.
MEASURE THESE ONLY IF YOUR DRESS WILL HAVE A SLEEVE:
- Most people have on the right-hand bigger biceps, so measure the bigger one
- remember the Poppey the sailor man? Put a hand up, close tight, and measure the biggest part.
- the reason is that we need a sleeve to have enough space to fit and move when you make your hands up etc.
LENGTH OF SLEEVE
- if you wish to have sleeve short or 3/4 length, you will measure till there. If your sleeve will be long, measure until the end.
- start measuring as the mannequin has cut hand, which is exactly above the armhole, please note - NOT to measure from a bra strap!
MEASURE ONLY IF YOU ARE PREGNANT
UNDER THE BREAST
If you wish to sew a pregnancy dress (available only in any collection from designer "White Story") do not measure the waist, but measure only under the breast as that's where the corset finishes in maternity dresses.